Information We Collect
We collect information from you when you choose to share it with us, such as through use of our Site, and other ways you communicate with or contact us.
You may be given the option to link to one or more social networking platforms (such as Facebook or Twitter) through the Services, or log in via a social networking platform. If you do, we may automatically receive certain information about you and privacy settings on those third party services.
We may automatically collect certain information from you, including but not limited to your browser type, device type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) or Media Access Control (“MAC”) address, mobile device identifier or other unique device identifier of any of your computer(s) or device(s) that are used to access the Site, geolocation, software version, phone model, phone operating system, carrier information, and the domain name from which you accessed the Site. We also may collect information about your use of the Site, including the date and time you visit, the areas or pages that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Site, the number of times you return to the Site, other click-stream or Site usage data, links that you open, forward or click-through to our Site, and other sites or mobile applications that you may visit.
We may combine the information we collect from and about you, including you provide to us and information we automatically collect, with information collected offline, across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third party sources.
How We Use Information
We may use information collected from or about you for any of the following purposes:
- To review the usage and operations of our Site, develop new products or services, and conduct analysis to enhance or improve our content, products, and services;
- To provide you with customized Services content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Site, via email, text message or push notification, or across other websites, mobile applications, social media or online services;
- To contact you with information, deliver email communications, newsletters, promotional material, and other correspondence from us or on behalf of our partners and affiliates;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business; or
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent.
Additionally, if you use our Site to connect with a third party service, you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third party services based on your requests.
Information We Share
We may disclose the information we collect from or about you in any of the following situations (without your permission):
- We may share your information with third-party contractors and service providers that provide business, professional, or technical support functions for us, help us operate our business, or other activities in support of the Services and/or our businesses.
- Certain areas of our Services may be provided to you in association with third parties, such as advertisers that provide products and services or rewards programs. We may share information with these third parties if you participate in a co-branded, co-sponsored, or jointly presented promotion, contest, survey, voting feature, or service.
- We may share your information with select companies that we believe may have offers of interest to you.
- We may also share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information with third parties without restriction, including for their marketing or analytics uses.
- We may disclose information collected from or about you to the government or to other third parties to comply with the law, applicable regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests and investigations, court orders, subpoenas or other legal process, such as in connection with suspected illegal activity associated with any of the Sites or our business and to protect against harm to the Services, to us, or others. We reserve the right to release information collected through any of the Sites to law enforcement or other government officials, as we, in our sole discretion, deem necessary or appropriate.
- We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection.
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Site visitors. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the Site to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of thirteen. If Beyond the Reef learns that a child under the age of thirteen has provided personal information to the Site, it will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from its files.
Third Party Content, Links, and Plug-Ins
The Site may have links to third-party websites or applications, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the practices of such sites.
Any information you may disclose through our Site, in blogs, on discussion or message boards, in chat rooms, interactive forums, rating or reviews, or on other public areas on the Site, or other third-party websites that this Site may link to, becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal or other information in these public areas.